In-Vision Management Consulting is seeking an R&D Scientist to support a young and ambitious organization to develop, together with a team of specialists, high-quality 3D printing filaments. They offer a wide variety of 3D printing filaments that are available worldwide.
This organization is a part of the world’s largest chemical company with branches in over 80 countries and 353 production sites worldwide. They offer employees the opportunity to optimally fulfill and expand their talents and get the most out of their job. Production and Office are located on the Emmtec Industry and Business Park in Emmen.
As an R&D Scientist, you have an active role in the development of new polymer filaments tailored for Fused Filament Fabrication, from innovative idea to the transfer to production. Exploring different chemistries, defining and performing experiments, and evaluating the products from the manufacturing processes. While guiding all the steps and actively operating the 3D printing equipment you will become intimately familiar with the material requirements for the 3D printing process. This enables you to initiate required material optimizations and to improve the customer value of our filaments.
You will be looking for the best possible solutions with a high degree of independence and personal responsibility. Efficient collaboration within the team, between the internal departments and external parties, is important. You will report to the R&D Manager of the department.
- Prepare, initiate, and guide research activities for the development or optimization of polymer compounds for FFF 3D printing.
- Actively participate in compounding trials, filament production, and evaluation, from the first formulation to upscaling.
- Identify and translate customer requirements into ideas for optimizing products.
- Coordinate projects internally and externally, including preparing the project proposals and writing reports.
- Initiate and implement new analytical strategies to monitor and predict polymer behavior during the printing process.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships across Business, Development, and Technology groups.
- Contribute to discussions with suppliers, customers, and research partners.
- Point of contact for technical questions from Sales, Product Management, and the Application Technology Center.
- You have obtained a master’s degree preferably in the field of (Polymer) Chemistry, Chemical Technology, Material Sciences, or comparable.
- At least 5 years of proven experience within an R&D environment in the polymer industry.
- You have an affinity with customer-focused development of products and are capable of translating customer application challenges into a sound scientific approach towards a solution.
- You have experience or an interest in 3D printing.
- Knowledge of experimental design.
- Analytical and critical mindset.
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality.
- Interest or experience in polymer rheology, the physical chemistry of polymers, and translating application requirements into polymer structures, is a big plus.
- As you will be working in a team environment with a variety of disciplines (including Technical Service, Marketing, Engineering, and Production) a high level of pro-activity paired with excellent communication and presentation skills is essential.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as an excellent career opportunity.
- A challenging and interesting job within a highly motivated team in an international high-tech environment.
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial, and/or international level.
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important.
You can apply via Philip Meier (In-Vision Management Consulting) and sent your CV and cover letter to Philip.Meier@hotmail.nl. For more information + 31 646243766 / www.invisionconsulting.nl.